Books for Advanced readers (English)
Books for Advanced readers (English)
Books by Muhyiddin Ibn Arabi Society, UK
1. A Prayer for Spiritual Elevation and Protection – Ibn Arabi s al-Dawr al-a la or Hizb al-wiqaya
2. Suha Taji-Farouk
3. Alone with the Alone: Creative Imagination in the Sufism of Ibn Arabi By Henry Corbin
4. An Ocean without Shore – Ibn Arabi, The Book and the Law By Michel Chodkiewicz
5. Commentaries on Meister Eckhart Sermons By Dom Sylvester Houedard OSB
6. Contemplation of the Holy Mysteries, Mashâhid al-asrâr By Muhyiddin Ibn Arabi
7. Divine Governance of the Human Kingdom By Ibn Arabi
8. Divine Sayings, The Mishkat al-Anwar of Ibn Arabi by Muhyiddin Ibn Arabi
9. Ibn Arabi and Modern Thought – The History of Taking Metaphysics Seriously By Peter Coates
10. Ibn Arabi – Heir to the Prophets by William C. Chittick
11. Ibn Arabi in the later Islamic Tradition By Alexander D. Knysh
12. Imaginal Worlds By William Chittick
13. Islamic Sainthood in the Fullness of Time, Ibn Arabis Book of the Fabulous Gryphon By Gerald Elmore.
14. Kernel of the Kernel By Ibn Arabi
15. Lawa ih By Nur-ud-din Abd-ur-Rahman Jami.
16. Mystical Astrology According to Ibn Arabi By Titus Burckhardt
17. Mystical Languages of Unsaying By Michael Sells
18. Orientations – Islamic Thought in a World Civilisation By James Morris
19. Quest for the Red Sulphur By Claude Addas
20. Stations of Desire, Love Elegies from Ibn Arabi and New Poems
21. Michael Sells
22. Sufi Metaphysics and Quranic Prophets: Ibn Arabis thought and method in the Fusûs al-Hikam By Ronald L. Nettler
23. Sufis of Andalusia, The Rûh al-quds and al Durrat al-fåkhirah By Ibn Arabi
24. Sufism and Taoism By Toshihiko Izutsu
25. The Bezels of Wisdom By Muhyiddin Ibn al-Arabi
26. The Meccan Revelations, Volume I by Ibn Al Arabi
27. The Meccan Revelations,Volume II by Ibn Al Arabi
28. The Mysteries of Bearing Witness to the Oneness of God and Prophethood of Muhammad By Muhyidin Ibn al-Arabi
29. The Reflective Heart – Discovering Spiritual Intelligence in Ibn Arabis Meccan Illuminations by James Morris
30. The Nightingale in the Garden of Love, The Poems of Uftade
Mehmed Muhyiddin Uftade
31. The Seal of the Saints By Michel Chodkiewicz
32. The Spiritual Writings of Amir Abd al-Kader By Michel Chodkiewicz
33. The Sufi Path of Knowledge By William Chittick
34. The Tarjumán al-Ashwáq By Ibn al-Arabi
35. The Tree of Being, Shajarat al-kawn, An Ode to the Perfect Man By Ibn Arabi
36. The Twenty-Nine Pages. An Introduction to Ibn Arabis Metaphysics of Unity
37. The Universal Tree and the Four Birds – Treatise on Unification (al-Ittihad al-kawni) Muhyiddin Ibn Arabi. Introduction, translation and commentary by Angela Jaffray, Arabic text edited by Denis Gril.
38. The Unlimited Mercifier, The Spiritual life and thought of Ibn Arabi by Stephen Hirtenstein
39. The Voyage of No Return By Claude Addas
40. The Way of Abu Madyan by Vincent J. Cornell
41. The Wisdom of the Prophets, (Fusus al-Hikam) By Ibn Arabi
42. Umar Ibn al-Farid, Sufi Verse, Saintly Life by Umar Ibn al-Farid, Th. Emil Homerin Universal Man By Abd al-Karim al-Jil
43. “Whoso Knoweth Himself…” By Ibn Arabi28. The Ringstones of Wisdom (Fusús al-hikam) by Ibn al-Arabi
44. The Self-Disclosure of God By William Chittick
45. The Seven Days of the Heart, Prayers for the nights and days of the week By Muhyiddin Ibn Arabi
Books by Indra Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA)
1. Selected letters of Ananda Coomaraswamy, Edited by Alvin Moore, Jr; and Rama P. Coomaraswamy
2. What is Civilisation (1989):
3. Time and Eternity (1990):
4. Essays in Early Indian Architecture, Edited by Michael W. Meister (1992):
5. Spiritual Authority and Temporal: Power in the Indian Theory of Government, Edited by Keshavaram N. Iengar and Rama P. Coomaraswamy (1993):
6. Yaksas: Essays in the Water Cosmology, Edited by Paul Schroeder (1993):
7. Thirty Songs from the Punjab and Kashmir, Edited by Prem Lata Sharma (1994):
8. Vidyapati Padavali (1994):
9. Essays in Architectural Theory, Edited by Michael W. Meister (1995).
10. The Transformation of Nature in Art, Edited by Kapila Vatsyayan (1995):
11. Hinduism and Buddhism, Edited by Keshavarama N. Iengar and Rama P. Coomaraswamy (1999)
12. The Perception of the Vedas, Edited by Vidya Nivas Misra (2000):
Miscellaneous books and useful references
1. Encyclopedia of Philosophy (10 vol.), Pub. Routledge
2. Sacred Books of the East (50 vol.), Pub. Motilal Banarsidas, New Delhi
3. Routledge Philosopher Series, Pub. Routledge.
4. Collected Works of Sri Aurobindo (30 vol.), Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Pondicherry 605002. India, Phone: +91 413 334980, 223328, 334072, Fax: +91 413 223328, 334836
5. Philosophy of Science by Routledge
6. The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, Pub. University of Chicago Press, 1996
7. Introduction to the Philosophy of Science, Published by Hackett Publishing, 1999
8. Blavatsky, H. P., Collected Writings, 15 vols., Theosophical Publishing House, Wheaton, IL, Adyar, Chennai, Ind, 1966-91.
9. Blavatsky, H.P., The Key to Theosophy, Being a Clear Exposition, in the Form of Question and Answer, of the Ethics, Science, and Philosophy for the Study of which the Theosophical Society has been Founded, Theosophical Publishing Company, London, 1889.
10. Burnier, Radha, Human Regeneration, Uitgeverij der Theosofische Vereniging in Nederland, Amsterdam, 1990.
11. Taylor, Rodney L., The Religious Dimensions of Confucianism, State University of New York Press, Albany, 1990.
12. The Mahatma Letters to A. P. Sinnett from the Mahatmas M. & KH, Comp. A.T. Barker, 3rd ed., ed. Christmas Humphreys and Elsie Benjamin, Theosophical Publishing House, Adyar, Chennai, 1962. Chronological ed., ed. Vicente Hao Chin, Jr., Theosophical Publishing House, Quezon City, Manila
Books by The Islamic Texts Society
1. The Ghazali Series (Complete)
2. The Muslim Personalities Series (Complete)
3. Translations From the Islamic Heritage (Complete)
4. Monographs on Spirituality and Sufism.
Cambridge, CB1 1JE
Tel: +44 (0)1223 314387
Fax: +44 (0)1223 324342